Apostle Paul in 1 Cor. 11:27 says “Whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of profaning the body and blood of the Lord” so profaning the Body and Blood of Christ on its own is a mortal sin.
It will be a noble and an act of humility for you not to receive Holy Communion at Mass knowing that you are unworthy.
Here are 7 Sins That You Must Confess B4 You Receive Holy Communion
- Missing Holy Mass on a Sunday or Holy Day of Obligation without a valid reason.
- Having sexual intercourse outside of Marriage, intercourse with same or opposite sex, masturbation or voluntarily indulging in pornography.
- A married person having sexual intercourse with another person who is not your spouse, that is the sin of Adultery.
- Cohabiting with someone as though you are a couple without being wedded in the Church.
- Desecrating the Holy Eucharist or committing a sacrilegious sin by receiving the Holy Communion in a state of mortal sin.
- Having committed an abortion, encouraged someone to commit abortion or participating in an abortion.
- Having committed murder or an act of violence physical, verbal or spiritual abuse against another person and their integrity.
I pray the good LORD, through the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary to grant you the grace of holiness of life and that after your life here on earth, you may find everlasting peace in the Kingdom of God. This is my prayer for you in Jesus Name. Amen.