Ave Maria, today I want to tell you about these 7 incredible facts about the rosary.
- The rosary was the favorite prayer of St. Pope John Paul II and he prayed the complete 15 decades daily contemplating the face of Jesus through the eyes of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Have you heard of the battle of Lepanto? The Ottoman Empire attacked Venice in the 16th Century with the intention of destroying Christianity forever. Outnumbered by the Turks, Pope Pius V asked everyone to pray the rosary. Miraculously the Ottoman Empire was defeated and Mary was given the title Our Lady of Victory.
- A Satanic priest Blessed Bartolo Lango was converted through the power of the rosary and he eventually became a powerful saint. His story is amazing, you can google it to read more about him.
- We offer Our Lady bouquet of roses when we pray the rosary. The rosary means a bed of roses and according to St. Louis de Montfort, every Hail Mary we pray during the rosary is like placing a rose flower on the Crown of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Amazing it is.
- Padre Pio described the rosary as our greatest weapon.
- Why do you think that members of religious orders wear a long rosary hanging down the side from their belts? Simply because the rosary is a weapon, that is how the Knights wear their swords but then the rosary is a weapon even more powerful than swords.
- A Nigerian Catholic Bishop Oliver Dashe Doeme was praying before the Blessed Sacrament some years ago and Our LORD Jesus Christ appeared to him and handed him a sword which transformed into a rosary. For the Bishop, this was a message that through the prayers of the rosary, the violent Islamic group Boko Haram would be defeated. His videos are on YouTube you can check it out.
My beautiful friend in Christ Jesus, I tell you honestly that the rosary is real and I encourage you to teach your children about the rosary. Saint Pope John Paul II said “How beautiful is the family that recites the Rosary every evening.”