7 Keys To Your Burning Bush Experience

7 Keys To Your Burning Bush Experience

Here are seven requirements for your burning bush experience;

1. Move outside your comfort zone.

You will not find nor seek your destiny while residing in your comfort zone.

Exodus 3:2 in the Amplified Bible says:

“The Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire, yet was not consumed.”

I realize you’re probably super spiritual. . .but let’s get real. How would you feel if you’re on the side of a mountain. . .one where you’ve walked for over 40 years. . .then all of a sudden you see a bush burning. . .but not being consumed.

You might be tempted to say, “What the what . . .”

Exodus 3:3 in the Amplified Bible says:

“And Moses said, I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush is not burned.”

I would say you’re willingness to answer curiosity . . .definitely moves you outside your comfort zone or what was familiar to you.

2. Be willing to seek God.

Let’s be honest. . .you’re standing in amazement watching a bush burn continually when a voice in the bush calls out your name.

At that point. . .I’d probably be calling out God’s name to protect me from whatever I’d gotten myself into.

Exodus 3:4 in the Amplified Bible says:

“And when the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the midst of the bush and said, Moses, Moses! And he said, Here am I.”

Without hesitation. . .Moses said, “Here am I.”

In the midst of every circumstance. . .good, bad or indifferent. . .your automatic response must be to seek God.

3. Give Him the reverence He’s due.

Exodus 3:6 in the Amplified Bible says;

“Also He said, I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.”

Our reverence for God. . .should be a 24/7 experience. He’s not a spare tire to be rolled out when we have a flat on the highway of life. . .He deserves better.

When we enter into His presence. . .we should always enter with reverence and thanksgiving.

4. Obey your instructions.

Over the last few months, I’ve repeatedly taught seven words that are the key to success and experiencing the God kind of life. Those words are:

“Read your Bible. . .do what it says.”

There will be times when it seems that our Holy Spirit inspired instructions are not logical. . .and they’re not. . .at least to a natural mind. However, we need to do what He says. . .when He says. . .regardless of how we feel it may look.

Exodus 3:5 in the Amplified Bible says:

“God said, Do not come near; put your shoes off your feet, for the place on which you stand is holy ground.

The only way you can do what He says. . .is to know what He’s saying. That type of revelation comes from being in His Word and His Presence.

5. Don’t question your direction.

Exodus 3:10-11 in the Amplified Bible says:

“Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.

“And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?”

Now let me get this straight. . .you’ve been talking to a Voice in a burning bush that has not turned to ashes and you question His instructions. That should show you how out of touch you can become.

I heard it said years ago, that God’s calling is His enabling.

If God gives you a vision He will also give you the ability and opportunity to achieve it.

6. Know you’re not alone.

Exodus 3:12 in the Amplified Bible says:

“God said, I will surely be with you; and this shall be the sign to you that I have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain [Horeb, or Sinai].”

Before we’re so quick to question, mock or condemn Moses’ lack of faith. . .let’s examine our attitudes.

God tells us that He will go with us wherever we go but yet. . .sometimes we don’t act like or seemingly have confidence in His Word because we want to ‘play it safe anyway.’

What God spoke to Moses. . .His Word speaks to us. I could give you a dozen or more verses to emphasize this point. . .however, I’m only going to give you the last half of Hebrews 13:5 in the Amplified Bible which says:

“. . .for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]”

7. Recognize your power.

Exodus 3:19-20 in the New Living Translation says:

“But I know that the king of Egypt will not let you go unless a mighty hand forces him. So I will raise my hand and strike the Egyptians, performing all kinds of miracles among them. Then at last he will let you go.”

There’s an old Pentecostal song entitled “You’ve Got The Power.” Moses had the power. . .but are you ready for the good news. . .so do you.

Acts 1:8 says:

“… ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you … (then) ye shall become witnesses … .”

The power Jesus promises after the Holy Ghost comes upon you in enabling power (dunamis).

The Greek word dunamis means “ability.”

So let’s look at this verse again as I expand the paraphrase for you.

“You shall receive the ability after the Holy Ghost has come upon you, and you will be able to witness of me simultaneously in Jerusalem, and in Judea, and in Samaria, and to the uttermost parts of the earth.”

Now let’s look at dunamis as it appears in Luke 10:19 where God has given to us total power over the devil.

“Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”

The first word in this verse that is translated power is the Greek word exousia. It means “delegated power” or better said “authority.”

The second word translated power is the Greek word dunamis which as we’ve just learned means “ability.” So notice carefully what God is actually saying. “I give you authority over all the ability of the devil.”

Are you getting a hold of all of this? You have total authority over all the ability of the enemy. Remember,“…nothing shall by any means hurt you” (Luke 10:19).

The Bible literally says nothing shall hurt you. It also says you have total power (authority) over the devil. You never have to lose again. You can always conquer and always triumph in all things.

As I think back over these seven keys. . .I just have one question for you.

Are you ready for your burning bush experience

Comments are closed.